- Flying saucer no longer flies outside of the screen when player is at either the top or the bottom
- Max vertical speed for player - vertical speed could get very fast and caused unwieldy controls.
- Alert when aliens capture humans
- Second alert when aliens mutate
There are a few changes I hope to make in the future. I'm considering minor releases initially.
- In-game radar map - this is a somewhat complex update, though Unity does have features that will simplify it a lot.
- The map contains dots representing all aliens and possibly humans.
- This will involve a UI update - some sort of box surrounding the map in addition to re-thinking the overall HUD (score, lives)
- I know HUDs are frowned upon these days, and I agree. I avoided it where I could with Golem, and I was even considering removing the pause button and assuming that the player knew to press escape. However, I think some UI fits this particular game, and maybe even adds to the retro feel.
- Updates to player and enemies to make sure map renders appropriate objects
- Mutant movement - mutant alien movement is kind of boring
- Sometimes goes off screen when the player is at the top or bottom (bug)
- Should have variable speed
- Should move more dynamically when chasing you
Version 3.0.0 - this version is kind of a vague idea for the future. More powerups, different bosses, some variants on the saucer, etc...